With the objective to identify the current income globally derived by emigrants, the Central Bank of Sri Lanka has permitted to open and maintain Emigrant's Remittable Income Accounts (ERIAs) for the purpose of repatriation of current income derived in Sri Lanka.
- Eligibility - An emigrant.
- Type of Accounts - Savings or Current accounts (Overdrawing is not permitted)
- Currency of Account - Sri Lankan Rupees.
- Customer Type - Individual account.
- Conditions - An eligible is permitted to open only one ERIA in the banking system.
Note: If an applicant intends to obtain the migration allowance from Capital Transaction Rupee Account (CTRA), then the ERIA should be opened with the same bank and branch.
- Duly completed application form (certified by Sri Lankan embassy or by a bank overseas).
- A copy of the current Passport.
- Permanent Residency (PR) endorsement or other documentary evidence/s to prove PR date and country.
- A copy of the certificate of citizenship or dual citizenship.
- Any income derived from any assets in Sri Lanka (subject to regulatory conditions).
- Income received for services provided by the accountholder.
- Superannuation benefits of the account holder [including Employees Provident Fund (EPF), Employees Trust Fund (ETF), gratuity and pensions or any other retirement benefits].
- Transfers being current income of the accountholder, from a Non Resident Rupee Account (NRRA) or Capital Transaction Rupee Account (CTRA) of the accountholder.
- Interest earned for the funds held in the account.
- Remittances in favor of the account holder.
- Transfers to Inward Investment Account (IIA) or Personal Foreign Currency Account (PFCA) or an account maintained in Offshore Banking Unit (OBU) or an account maintained outside Sri Lanka, of the same accountholder.
- Payments in relation to the loan obtained by the accountholder under permission of Loans granted to Sri Lankans resident outside Sri Lanka on Permanent Residency Visa in another country and dual citizens;
- From Electronic Fund Transfer Card of the accountholder.
- Disbursements in Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka Rupees.
|Existing Customer||New Customer|