Personal xCurrent AccountsPawning
Corporate xSeylan Money Market Savings AccountCorporate BankingCurrent AccountPayroll PropositionProject Financing
Cards xPromotionsSeylan Balance Transfer Instalment PlanTravel CardRupee Card
Loans xHousing LoanLeasingEducation LoanSME / Micro LoansMargin TradingAcquired Properties
Other Services xInternet Payment GatewayPay RollsATM Services
- Int. Trade Finance
- Quick Links
The Seylan Freedom Credit Card which is positioned as a card to use for day to day purchases will have the following features.
- Card type
- Credit period
- Credit Limit
MasterCard Titanium (EMV)
Eligible for all offers promoted.
LKR 50,000/- and above.
The Freedom Credit Card will not have the following features compared to our normal Gold and Platinum Credit Cards.
- Express Cash
- All installment plans (Travel Easy Payment Plan, 0% installment plans etc.)
*The Freedom Card has a spend commitment of LKR 10,000/- per month. If spend commitment is not met, a maintenance charge of LKR 500/- will be recovered for that month.
How to get started
- Individuals with a monthly Income of LKR 50,000/- and above or a FD above of Rs.60,000/-.
- Age 25 to 60 years
- Documents Required:
- The regular documents required when applying for a Seylan Credit Card.
- Applying for a Card:
- The Freedom Card can be applied by visiting any Seylan Bank Branch, Calling our Call Centre or simply texting ‘Yes’ to 2008888.
Interest Rates Fees
- No interest will be levied (except on cash advances) if full payment is made on or before the due date. You will enjoy up to 51 days free of interest (depending on the transaction date), provided the previous months total outstanding is paid by the due date in full.
- If full payment is not settled on or before the due date, interest will be calculated from respective transaction dates up to the billing date on reducing balance basis.
- Interest/ Finance charges will be charged if full payment is made after the due date
- Interest will not be charged for purchases billed in current month but will be charged on the following month (from the transaction date) if not settled in full by for due date.
- Interest to a particular transaction will be charged from the transaction date on the following month and there onward from the billing date, if rolled over.
- Payments are first applied to charges and then to purchase and cash advances on FIFO basis.
- Cash advances will accrue interest from the date of transaction until it is paid in full.
How to calculate the Minimum Payment?
Minimum Payment = 5% of outstanding Purchases and Cash Advances + 100% of Interst, Fees and the Overdue Amount (if any).
On what basis will the Bank charge the Late Payment Fee?
If the customer fails to pay the Minimum Payment on or before the Due Date the Late Payment Fee will be charged
On what basis is the Over Limit Fee charged?
If the customer exceeds the approved Credit Limit at any given date of the particular Billing Cycle an Over Limit Fee will be charged