Visa Remittance Card provides value and premium; ensuring that your loved one’s hard earned money reach you in the safest and fastest way possible. Receive money from abroad directly to your Remittance card in the most convenient way and enjoy range of benefits being the beneficiary/ receivers of foreign remittance.
- Remittance will be credited to the card account real time as and when the transaction is originated.
- SMS Alert upon receipt of the remittance.
- Remittance can be withdrawn from any bank ATM (both here in Sri Lanka and abroad) at the recipient’s convenience.
- Avail for Merchant discounts during seasonal promotions.
- Eligibility to receive “Mega Rewards”benefits scheme.
- Sri Lankan Citizens aged 18 years and above who receive remittances from abroad.
- National Identity Card
- If the address differs from the given document, billing proof not less than 3 months should be submitted.
Note: Other documents may be requested by the bank to ensure better customer service in the future.
What is the Initial Deposit?
- Initial deposit is not compulsory at the time of obtaining the Remittance Card. The desired deposit will be the inward remittance.
How to Receiving Remittance?
- To receive remittance, you need to share the Remittance Account number with the sender.
- All overseas transactions will be converted using VISA International exchange rates. In order to mitigate local exchange rate movements, an additional amount (6%) will be included to the rate at the time of billing.
- In order to mitigate the risk of exchange rate variances, all Card transactions done at overseas merchants/service providers and websites registered outside of Sri Lanka but billed in Sri Lankan Rupees (LKR) in the form of Dynamic Currency Conversion or Multi-Currency Transactions will attract a Processing Fee of 6% on the LKR transaction value.
Seylan Debit Card is now offered over the counter as an “Instant” Card at the time you open an account.
Loss of Seylan Debit cards should be reported immediately to Seylan Card Centre on 24 Hour hotline +94 11 2 008 888 and follow up with a letter. The cardholder will not be liable for any transactions performed subsequent to informing the loss of the card to the Bank.
You can obtain a card from any Branch of your preference /Convenience
Request letter, NIC, card application, pass book
You can apply a new Debit card for a Lost card from any Branch of your preference /convenience
Debit Card gets renewed automatically after 4/5 years
In case the relevant merchant is accepting the card you can use for online purchases.
- OTP number is a 6 digit number that you will receive for your mobile number or to your e mail address when you are trying to do online transactions with VISA Verified merchants.
- You can activate this facility to your mobile number (local) or to your e mail address by contacting our 24 hrs hotline (011-2008888)
Dynamic Currency Conversion
Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) is the conversion of the purchase price of goods or services from the currency in which the purchase price is displayed to the cardholder's billing currency. That currency then becomes the transaction currency, regardless of the merchant's local currency.
DCC is not a Visa / Master service, but merchants and ATMs offer it through their acquiring bank. At checkout, the merchant or ATM may convert the advertised price to the currency agreed to by the cardholder, and usually assesses a conversion-related markup (over a wholesale exchange rate or government-mandated rate). The cardholder must be offered a choice to accept or decline the DCC and must actively choose the DCC option prior to the merchant or ATM processing the transaction. The merchant or ATM must accept the cardholder's choice; if the cardholder refuses DCC, the merchant or ATM must process the transaction in their local currency
Multi-Currency Transactions – LKR
Transactions performed locally in LKR at merchant outlets / web sites but the Acquiring Bank of the Merchant is not a Locally registered Bank. Hence the Bank to Bank settlement is in Foreign Currency.